Dental Senders Q & A Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upgrading to new server - Easiest way to reconfigure?

Go down

Upgrading to new server - Easiest way to reconfigure? Empty Upgrading to new server - Easiest way to reconfigure?

Post  mfuestin Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:53 am

Hi,
I'm in the process of retiring my old server (WIN2000) and bringing a new server (win2008) on line in the next week or so. DS has been working flawlessly for several years on the old server. What is the best procedure for putting DS on the new server and making sure all the configuration matches the old configuration? Are there any configuration files that can be copied over from the old machine to make it more foolproof? Should I run any rebuild process on the new server to make sure that it sees all patients? Will I get double notices sent out to patients?

Mike

mfuestin

Back to top Go down

Upgrading to new server - Easiest way to reconfigure? Empty Re: Upgrading to new server - Easiest way to reconfigure?

Post  Administrator Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:58 am

mfuestin wrote:Hi,
I'm in the process of retiring my old server (WIN2000) and bringing a new server (win2008) on line in the next week or so. DS has been working flawlessly for several years on the old server. What is the best procedure for putting DS on the new server and making sure all the configuration matches the old configuration? Are there any configuration files that can be copied over from the old machine to make it more foolproof? Should I run any rebuild process on the new server to make sure that it sees all patients? Will I get double notices sent out to patients?

Mike

Please call the team on 888-771-6074 and we will have you up and running.
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

Back to top Go down