Dental Senders Q & A Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surveys showing on Microsite

Go down

Surveys showing on Microsite Empty Surveys showing on Microsite

Post  srsdds Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:49 pm

Hi,
I have noticed recently that completed surveys are showing on my Microsite without first being approved in my Microsite control panel. If I do not want them to show on the Microsite, I have to disable them in the control panel. Shouldn't it be the other way around--ie if I want them to show I should enable them? Shouldn't the default be that they are not visible until they are enabled, rather than being visible until they are disabled?

srsdds

Back to top Go down

Surveys showing on Microsite Empty Re: Surveys showing on Microsite

Post  Administrator Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:12 am

srsdds wrote:Hi,
I have noticed recently that completed surveys are showing on my Microsite without first being approved in my Microsite control panel. If I do not want them to show on the Microsite, I have to disable them in the control panel. Shouldn't it be the other way around--ie if I want them to show I should enable them? Shouldn't the default be that they are not visible until they are enabled, rather than being visible until they are disabled?

In our conversations with one of the major search engines it was put to us that our “crawlability” may be adversely affected if we didn’t at least post all survey responses first. The reasoning being the search engines have their best interests at heart, they want to have as many users and viewers as possible. They want to see a balanced approach not only surveys that work in our clients favor. For this reason, some time ago we changed the process for posting reviews on your MicroSite.
Here’s the process
1. Patient writes review
2. Patient clicks “submit”
3. Review is immediately posted on your MicroSite
4. You are immediately sent an email informing you of the content that was posted on the MicroSite
5. You have the option to disable/delete the review if you feel the posting is unfair or unbalanced.
6. 99% of the time you will probably leave the review posted and this is our preference (even if the review is not as wonderful as you’d wish).
7. The goal is for new patients and visitors of your MicroSite to be empowered to make a balanced opinion of your practice. With that said, every business/practice has one or two crazy customers/patients and yes, they may post a very unfair review. Please do remove these reviews but all others we recommend you keep. However, it’s your business, you have full control to keep or delete what you want.
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

Back to top Go down