Dental Senders Q & A Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Campaigns - How does it work? Can I create my own templates?

Go down

Campaigns - How does it work? Can I create my own templates? Empty Campaigns - How does it work? Can I create my own templates?

Post  Administrator Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:52 pm

So you love the idea of Dental Senders “Campaigns” by email but you'd like to use different templates and emails. You want something with more “sexiness and style”. Can you do this?

Our goal is to provide the easy option and the more advanced option. The easy option will be very simple email with limited graphics and "splash". The more advanced option allows you to create your own HTML code (or you take the sample code we have provided below) and you edit that to meet your needs. This is for the advanced user.

Always send yourself a test email before sending to your entire patient list. What you think you have prepared is not always how it looks when delivered in the patients "Inbox". We can not be responsible for what you deliver to your patients. For this reason the Newsletter option is often the easiest but limits your creative side Wink

With Campaigns you have two options

1. You can go with the simple approach and simply choose a template that we have provided and type in the verbiage that you want expressed in the Campaign. This is simple and effective. The downside is that you can not add any images or logos (we do automatically add into the email your standard logo that you have on all email communications e.g. office logo). If you want to have more logos and pictures you need to do the HTML email (explained later).

It is important when you "copy and paste" a prepared communication e.g. from Microsoft word into Campaign that you first follow these steps:

a. Have your cursor in the body of the document
b. Click the icon that looks like a "yellow folder with a MS "W" on it. When you put your cursor over the icon it will read "paste from word".
c. Paste your document into the template
d. Make any little needed edits e.g. spacing, paragraphs etc.
e. Click next and follow the simple instructions

2. You can go sexy and cool by using HTML. This allows you create your own templates and style.

For this approach you need to click the "Source" button in the email template box. Paste your code and click submit. The critical part here is to have the right code and to have the images stored in the correct files and referenced. Please review and send a test email before sending to your patients.

Here’s an example of HTML that you can copy and paste. Follow these steps

1. Log into Campaign
2. When you get to email click on the “Source” button.
3. Delete the Source code we have provided and copy and paste the code below using either Sample 1 or Sample 2.
4. Click the next button
5. Click the patients you want to receive the email
6. Select the date and time you want the newsletter to be sent
7. You will see how the email will look. You can see the source code you added has changed the look and feel of the email.
8. You will want to add the verbiage into the source code

EXAMPLE 1

<html>
<head>
<title>Free HTML Newsletter Template</title>
<meta name="keywords" content="free templates, template html, newsletters, announcements">
<meta name="description" content="Free newsletter templates for your HTML newsletters or announcements.">
</head>
<body>
<table width="650" border="2" align="center" cellpadding="15" bordercolor="#330099">
<tr bgcolor="#000099">
<td colspan="2" align="center"> <font color="#FFFFFF" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"> <font size="+1"><b>
<!-- ***** Enter Your Newsletter Name Below ***** -->
Newsletter Ezine Name Here </b></font><br>
<!-- ***** Enter Subtitle, Date and Volume # Below ***** -->
Subtitle Here | Date Here | Volume # Here </font> </td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="2" bgcolor="#FFFFFF"> <font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">
<!-- ***** Enter Descriptive Text Below ***** -->
Change this text to your own. <a href="http://www.alouwebdesign.ca/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=AWD&Product_Code=soft-101">Auction-O-Matic</a> - The Easy eBay Template Wizard. If you are selling on eBay STOP waisting time creating
your ads now! Start creating professional looking ads in minutes!</font> </td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="200" align="center"> <p align="center"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">
<!-- ***** Enter URL for Small Graphic Below ***** --></font><a href="http://www.alouwebdesign.ca/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><strong><font size="2">Name Your Link Here</font></strong><br>
</font><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><b>Software Ebook Sale</b></font></a> </p>
</td>
<td width="400"> <p><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"> <font size="+1" color="#336699">
<!-- ***** Enter Announcement Below ***** -->
<font color="#333399">Announcement! Here Ye Here Ye! </font></font>Change this text to your own. Cheap software, templates &amp; ebooks with resell rights.</font></p>
<p><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">
<!-- ***** Enter URL and Name for Link Below ***** -->
<a href="http://www.alouwebdesign.ca/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=AWD&Category_Code=WT"><br>
Webmaster tools &amp; utilities</a></font></p>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td height="383" colspan="2"> <h2><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"> <font color="#336699"><b>
<!-- ***** Enter Bold Text #1 Below ***** -->
<font color="#330099">Bold Text #1 </font></b></font></font></h2>
<p><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">
<!-- ***** Enter Descriptive Text #1 Below ***** -->
<font size="2">Descriptive text #1 here. Use catchy lines to have the reader wanting to learn more. You can you or your product do to make this persons life easier? How will it help the? Is this a
special offer? </font> </font></p>
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">
<h2> <font color="#336699"><b>
<!-- ***** Enter Bold Text #2 Below ***** -->
<font color="#330099">Bold Text #2 </font></b></font></h2>
<p>
<!-- ***** Enter Descriptive Text #2 Below ***** -->
<font size="2">Descriptive text #2 here. Describle your product or services here. Use catchy lines to have the reader wanting to learn more. Does your widgets come in different colours, sizes etc?
</font>
<h2> <font color="#336699"><b>
<!-- ***** Enter Bold Text #3 Below ***** -->
<font color="#330099">Bold Text #3</font> </b></font></h2>
<p>
<!-- ***** Enter Descriptive Text #3 Below ***** -->
<font size="2">More descriptive text #3 here. More descriptive text #3 here. More descriptive text #3 here. More descriptive text #3 here. More descriptive text #3 here. More descriptive text #3 here.
More descriptive text #3 here. More descriptive text #3 here. More descriptive text #3 here. More descriptive text #3 here.</font></font> </td>
</tr>
<tr bgcolor="#000099">
<td height="51" colspan="2" align="center"><font color="#FFFFFF" size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Copyright 2005 <a href="http://www.alouwebdesign.ca/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?" style="color:#FFFFFF" target="_blank">Alou Web Design</a></font> </td>
</tr>
</table>
</body>
</html>

EXAMPLE 2

<html>
<body>

<table align="center" border="2" cellspacing="6" cellpadding="9" width="640" >
<tr>
<td bgcolor="cornsilk">

<table bgcolor="gold" width="90%" align="center"><tr><td align="center">
<b>
<font size="5" color="brown">Title Of Newsletter</font>
<br>
<font size="2" color="black">January 01, 2000 &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Issue #123 </font>
</b>
</td></tr></table>

<br>
Welcome! Here is your subscription!<br>
Unsubscribe instructions for "Newsletter Title Here" are at the end.

<br><br><br>
<table bgcolor="gold" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td><font size="4" color="brown">In This Issue</font></td></tr></table>
<br>
Feature Article &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Related Articles <br>
What's New<br>
Guest Article<br>
Classifieds<br>
Feedback

<br><br><br>
<table bgcolor="gold" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
<tr><td>
<font size="4" color="brown">Feature Article</font>
</td></tr></table>
<br>
blah blah goes here - usually more than one ?

<br><br><br>
<tr><td>
<font size="4" color="brown">What's New</font>
</td></tr></table>
<br>
blank if no new news - but it could also contain a link to the current meeting minutes - depends on the type of web site.

<br><br><br>
<tr><td>
<font size="4" color="brown">Guest Article</font>
</td></tr></table>
<br>
blank if no article for this period

<br><br><br>
<tr><td>
<font size="4" color="brown">Classified (or Sponsors)</font> </td></tr></table>
<br>
Forum Link (to the onsite forum)<br>
Forum would contain Classified Section (and Sponsors Information for some types of web sites). <br> i.e. this section could be a link to an online Forum - or the info could be included in this section of the newsletter.

<br><br><br>
<tr><td>
<font size="4" color="brown">Feedback Form</font>
</td></tr></table>
<br>
A link to the Feedback Forum Section.
<br> i.e. this section could be a link to an online Forum - or a form could be embedded in the online page - or it could just be an email link (mailto).

<br><br><br>
<tr><td>
<font size="4" color="brown">Subscription and Archive</font>
</td></tr></table>
<br>
How to Subscribe (could be link to 'tell-a-friend' form)<br>
How to Unsubscribe<br>
Link to Newsletter Archives

<br><br><br>
<tr><td>
<font size="4" color="brown">About:</font> 'Newsletter Site Name Here' </td></tr></table>
<br>
Your Signature File or Name<br>
Your Email Address<br>
Your City, State Zip<br>
Your Phone <br>
Your Newsletter URL<br>
</td></tr>
</table>
</body></html>

Here is one more sample that you may like to use

<html>
<body>

<table align="center" border="2" cellspacing="6" cellpadding="9" width="640" >
<tr>
<td bgcolor="cornsilk">

<table bgcolor="gold" width="90%" align="center"><tr><td align="center">
<b>
<font size="5" color="brown">Title Of Newsletter</font>
<br>
<font size="2" color="black">January 01, 2000 &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Issue #123 </font>
</b>
</td></tr></table>

<br>
Welcome! Here is your subscription!<br>
Unsubscribe instructions for "Newsletter Title Here" are at the end.

<br><br><br>
<table bgcolor="gold" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td><font size="4" color="brown">In This Issue</font></td></tr></table>
<br>
Feature Article &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Related Articles <br>
What's New<br>
Guest Article<br>
Classifieds<br>
Feedback

<br><br><br>
<tr><td>
<font size="4" color="brown">Feature Article</font>
</td></tr></table>
<br>
blah blah goes here - usually more than one ?

<br><br><br>
<tr><td>
<font size="4" color="brown">What's New</font>
</td></tr></table>
<br>
blank if no new news - but it could also contain a link to the current meeting minutes - depends on the type of web site.

<br><br><br>
<tr><td>
<font size="4" color="brown">Guest Article</font>
</td></tr></table>
<br>
blank if no article for this period

<br><br><br>
<tr><td>
<font size="4" color="brown">Classified (or Sponsors)</font> </td></tr></table>
<br>
Forum Link (to the onsite forum)<br>
Forum would contain Classified Section (and Sponsors Information for some types of web sites). <br> i.e. this section could be a link to an online Forum - or the info could be included in this section of the newsletter.

<br><br><br>
<tr><td>
<font size="4" color="brown">Feedback Form</font>
</td></tr></table>
<br>
A link to the Feedback Forum Section.
<br> i.e. this section could be a link to an online Forum - or a form could be embedded in the online page - or it could just be an email link (mailto).

<br><br><br>
<tr><td>
<font size="4" color="brown">Subscription and Archive</font>
</td></tr></table>
<br>
How to Subscribe (could be link to 'tell-a-friend' form)<br>
How to Unsubscribe<br>
Link to Newsletter Archives

<br><br><br>
<tr><td>
<font size="4" color="brown">About:</font> 'Newsletter Site Name Here' </td></tr></table>
<br>
Your Signature File or Name<br>
Your Email Address<br>
Your City, State Zip<br>
Your Phone <br>
Your Newsletter URL<br>
</td></tr>
</table>
</body></html>

Last edited by Administrator on Wed May 26, 2010 5:21 pm; edited 5 times in total
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

Back to top Go down

Campaigns - How does it work? Can I create my own templates? Empty campaigns

Post  jini Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:32 am

Is there a way to edit campaigns that have been sent already? I can view it but cannot access it to edit and resend to a different group of patients.

THanks

jini

Back to top Go down

Campaigns - How does it work? Can I create my own templates? Empty Re: Campaigns - How does it work? Can I create my own templates?

Post  Administrator Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:33 am

jini wrote:Is there a way to edit campaigns that have been sent already? I can view it but cannot access it to edit and resend to a different group of patients.

THanks

Not at this time. You will need to recreate the campaign.

We are going to add templates into the campaign so you can pick the template you want e.g. ASAP list or a Teeth Whitening special and simply select the patients you want to receive it. This way you will not have to recreate each time. Please add your suggestions as to what templates you would like to see added.

Hope this helps.
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

Back to top Go down

Campaigns - How does it work? Can I create my own templates? Empty Re: Campaigns - How does it work? Can I create my own templates?

Post  myosin Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:03 am

Is there an easy ways to put pictures in the campaign?

myosin

Back to top Go down

Post  Administrator Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:55 pm

myosin wrote:Is there an easy ways to put pictures in the campaign?

Pictures can only be added by using HTML. An example is provided above. You may need help with HTML. We will work on providing easier ways.
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

Back to top Go down

Campaigns - How does it work? Can I create my own templates? Empty Cant find the source code in the campaign

Post  Crystal Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:12 pm

Hello-

After I logged into the website and choose the campaign, choose email and then it says in your directions to delete the source code but I cant find that step.

I have to pick a pre-fab layout and then a word document style box comes up....no other options.

Please help!

Crystal

Back to top Go down

Post  Administrator Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:40 pm

Crystal wrote:Hello-

After I logged into the website and choose the campaign, choose email and then it says in your directions to delete the source code but I cant find that step.

I have to pick a pre-fab layout and then a word document style box comes up....no other options.

Please help!

Hi,

You are looking at Option 2 which takes a more advanced level of understanding HTML. You want to use Option 1 and that is just type the newsletter that you wish to send to patients. Just follow the steps when you click create email.
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

Back to top Go down

Campaigns - How does it work? Can I create my own templates? Empty Campaign Images

Post  Dr. T Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:38 pm

Is there a limitation on uploading images to a campaign? It worked for one of my campaigns but not for another. Under image properties there is option of uploading to server but it seems to get stuck.

You may be trying to upload using Firefox. Please use Internet Explorer and you should be fine

Dr. T

Back to top Go down

Post  Administrator Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:44 pm

Dr. T wrote:Is there a limitation on uploading images to a campaign? It worked for one of my campaigns but not for another. Under image properties there is option of uploading to server but it seems to get stuck.

You may be trying to upload using Firefox. Please use Internet Explorer and you should be fine
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

Back to top Go down

Campaigns - How does it work? Can I create my own templates? Empty Campaign Images

Post  Dr. T Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:39 am

I'm using internet explorer 8. I tried it from my office computer and my home computer. It just hangs and says "Upload in progress". The picture is just 114 kb

Dr. T

Back to top Go down

Post  Administrator Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:33 am

Dr. T wrote:I'm using internet explorer 8. I tried it from my office computer and my home computer. It just hangs and says "Upload in progress". The picture is just 114 kb

Sorry you are experiencing trouble with the upload. Please email the picture/logo to info@dentalsenders.com also include your account user name and our team will upload for you.
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

Back to top Go down

Campaigns - How does it work? Can I create my own templates? Empty Campaigns

Post  Dr. T Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:29 am

Are Campaigns only sent to active patients? When I get to the final screen where I select recipients there is a few hundred less patients than I have email addresses for in my dental software. Why is this?

Dr. T

Back to top Go down

Post  Administrator Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:05 am

Dr. T wrote:Are Campaigns only sent to active patients? When I get to the final screen where I select recipients there is a few hundred less patients than I have email addresses for in my dental software. Why is this?

Yes, when we pull over patient data from your software there are certain flags that we look for e.g. Inactive. If a patient is marked Inactive we will not pull them over.

Keep in mind if you at a later stage mark a patient Inactive in your software and that patient is also in your Dental Senders account you will need to delete or turn that patient off in your DS.
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down